This is a personal blogs of things unimportant and important (to me).

Thursday, July 26, 2007

My sandals

UPS delivered my new Teva sandals today.

My old sandals are being replaced by the new and enhanced model. The cycle of life.

My old sandals have been with me for a long time, walked me for many summers in Ocean City- on the boardwalk, on the beach; they have gone with me to Israel- walked Jerusalem and climbed Masada. Many summers of lazy walks- more recently, taking the dog for walks in the neighborhood.

Summer sandals- never had to take me to work.

Went to Machu Picchu, most of the time hanging from my backpack.

They were comfortable, we had molded well. Like friends over a long period of time, sharing long days and fitting together very nicely.

Do not remember when I got them, but they have been with me as Sara grew up, with Brandy and now Zoe and for many years with Barbara.

They have gone to Europe- our family vacations in Spain, France and Italy.

Not demanding at all; little maintenance - they were always there (sometimes lost under the bed) when I needed them.

Not only did they perform admirably as sandals- now they bring me back many pleasant memories reminding me to count my blessings as a lucky guy who appreciates small things in life, like my old sandals.

No comments:

Followers