This is a personal blogs of things unimportant and important (to me).

Sunday, August 10, 2008

What now....


Linear Accelerometer was applied to my AVM on Thursday, August 7, 2008 - instead of the Gamma Knife; seems they are equivalent.
The procedure is less intrusive than embolization and, from what I heard from all the pre-op docs, side effects will take longer to appear. Any impact could be seen in 6 to 8 weeks- and could be similar to the ones I had with embolization or worse- as the irritation of the brain could be more intense.
Follow up of the AVM will be done every 6 months using MRI scans- but any final determination regarding the status of the AVM will take about 2 years.
Life goes on - I am now focused on Big Bend in November and my appointment with the ENT doctor on Monday, August 11th to see what is the mass they found on my right sinus cavity.
One day at a time....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Update-May 2011
Last fall I had a follow-up angiogram for the AVM- results were great- it was clear. I will have another MRI this fall. The mass in the face was removed- two fairly traumatic surgeries- it was benign and this is also clear.
Big Bend was fantastic and life is good.

Followers